Thursday, May 23, 2013

Impulses



After work one day last week I decided to peruse the Garment District to see if any fabric caught my attention.  After an hour or so of fruitless searching- on a whim I asked about the price of this silk taffeta.


There is something  elegant about this
  After some haggling- I was able to buy everything left on the bolt (6 yards give or take) for what I felt was a reasonable price.  The entire way home- and I walked!-    I questioned my impulsive buy!  This fabric is not close to the colors or style I thought I would be buying.  Additionally 6 yards is far too much for a Pet en l'air but not enough for a gown. I also wish it was wider- It is about 49" wide  

Did  I make a huge mistake?  Final decisions cause me so much anxiety.  I need to work on that. 
Close up in better lighting makes all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment