Wednesday, May 1, 2013

And it begins

This Blog is intended to chronicle the building of my (and Luca's) 18th century Venetian carnevale costumes!  

The planning for this process actually began back in January when Luca surprised me with a new years trip to Venice. Of course as someone in love with historical costuming- Venetian Carnevale has always been on my "bucket list"  Finally I have the opportunity to attend and participate in this event-.  


 While there are many many wonderful and talented historical clothing reproducers- my costumes are not intended to be that.  I plan to make them an amalgamation of period influenced shapes with modern details and construction techniques. Carnevale costumes are by definition over the top, fantasy masquerade wear- I am hoping what I make is no different.  

I plan on constructing a majority of the pieces-from the undergarments out- and filling in with store bought/altered pieces as necessary.  

Please join me on my journey and hopefully accomplishment of this overwhelming-but exciting- project.


No comments:

Post a Comment